Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://10.7.2.42:8080/jspui/handle/2011/9088
Title: Aspectos epidemiológicos da infecção pelo vírus da hepatite C em populações ribeirinhas do estado do Pará, na Amazônia brasileira
Authors: MARTINS, Luisa Caricio
http://lattes.cnpq.br/1799493244439769
Keywords: Doença infectocontagiosa
Epidemiologia
Hepatite C
Vírus HCV
Ribeirinhos
Pará - Estado
Issue Date: 24-Sep-2015
Publisher: Universidade Federal do Pará
Citation: FECURY, Amanda Alves. Aspectos epidemiológicos da infecção pelo vírus da hepatite c em populações ribeirinhas do estado do Pará, na Amazônia Brasileira. 2015. 81 f. Tese (Doutorado) – Universidade Federal do Pará, Núcleo de Medicina Tropical, Belém, 2015. Programa de Pós-Graduação em Doenças Tropicais.
Abstract: The hepatitis C virus (HCV) has large number of infected and may cause hepatocellular carcinoma. Its genetic material RNA presents six different genotypes (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6) and subtypes, related by disease prognosis and response to treatment. The main route of transmission of HCV is the parenteral route, but the vertical and intrafamily transmission and is also reported. Drug use and needlestick share were characterized as risk factors for acquisition of infection and pathways are described and confirmed by literature. Less is known about viral transmission in remote or hard to reach communities such as riverside communities. This study aimed to determine the prevalence of viral infection, evaluate the serological profile and circulating genotype HCV, and trace the epidemiological characteristics, describing the main risk factors for acquisition of HCV infection that different riverside communities living in the State of Pará, in the Eastern Amazon, are exposed. The respondents answered a questionnaire to obtain epidemiologic information and blood samples were collected to carry out the serological, molecular, and genotyping tests. 1.277 samples were collected from Surrounding of the Tucuruí Hydroeletric, Pacuí, Hole of Maracujá and Nazário communities. Predominant age group 18-37 years old, female, married, low education, fishermen or açaí extractor, with up to 1 minimum wage. Respecting the particular characteristics of each local, consumption of alcohol and tobacco ranged between communities, as well as sharing the spiked material and cutting, the manicure kits, surgeries, hospitalization, presence of sexually transmitted diseases and if has any familiar with hepatitis. The Pacuí presented prevalence of HCV infection of 8,84 % having moderate prevalence of infection and Tucuruí was 2,25 %, close to the national average. The genotype 1 was found in 100% of Pacuí samples and 70% of Tucuruí samples, which possessed the remaining 30% of the samples belonging to genotype 3, following the pattern expected genotype distribution. In Maracujá Hole and Nazário Hole, there were no positive samples. The communities seem to have individuals who should be considered for the taking of public health measures, with increased risk of infection through drug use and the sharing of needlestick objects. The viral circulation have intermediate to moderate prevalence, with standard genotypic distribution similar to the Brazilian. The distribution of the infection and its features can vary within the country and even within their own regions, depending on the presence and viral circulation, in addition to the risk factors to which comunities are exposed.
URI: http://repositorio.ufpa.br/jspui/handle/2011/9088
Appears in Collections:Teses em Doenças Tropicais (Doutorado) - PPGDT/NMT

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Tese_AspectosEpidemilogicosInfeccao.pdf1,88 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


This item is licensed under a Creative Commons License Creative Commons